Saturday, October 08, 2005

Dieing with Me



A farewell rose
Left on my door
at the early hours
of a new day
Blossoming with tears
Your tears of farewell
No card were left
No words were said
Just your name
Written on an only leaf
A leaf that joined this lonely rose
Like companion to a new journey
And here I am
With no companion but my soul
If roses can be embraced
I would embraced it so tight
to my heart
I can breathe the scent of your tears
Blended with the aroma of this rose
Surrendering to my emotion
Drowning the radiant petals with tears
Passing my pain to it
In silence drinking my salted sorrow
Dieing with me

Photo and poem by Nasra Al Adawi

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

what a busy, talented woman you are to maintain three blogs and still have time to visit my little page! thank you, i've thoroughly enjoyed looking through all of your blogs. the poetry and the imagery are very beautiful and haunting. 'testimony across the moon' was my favorite'.

Saturday, October 15, 2005  
Blogger . said...

I like the Photo, Especially the background which is A page of an arabic dictionary giving the meaning of the word Wardah.

Monday, October 17, 2005  
Blogger . : A : . said...

Well felt and written.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005  
Blogger Innocent Bullet said...

The poem compliments the pic beautifully. :-)

Thursday, October 27, 2005  
Blogger Gel said...

Nasra, I didn't know you had this blog! I came here from teresa's (TWH) "That Woman Here", having seen your name on her link list and was reminded that I do so enjoy reading your poetry.

The devastation here is so palpable, so fragile like the petal of a rose. I hope you meet someone very special to share your love with. It's so hard to be patient and wait for that time to happen, isn't it?

I should look for your email. Long before now, I listed you on my "writing site", "silken Threads".
http://SilkenThreads18.blog.com

SilvermOOn aka Green-eyed Lady :)

Monday, November 14, 2005  
Blogger EATING POETRY said...

This poem is so beautiful, I feel it.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005  
Blogger Lorena said...

amazing nasra. you can feel the pain in this poem. you have captured this experience so well. beautiful.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005  
Blogger the cloned corpse of marcus tal said...

I fine poem.

Thank you for crafting it

Kind Regards

Sunday, January 08, 2006  
Blogger Don Iannone, D.Div., Ph.D. said...

Beautiful but so powerful, as a rose.

Saturday, July 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home