Thursday, December 28, 2006

Entanglement















When I grow into love
A garden field finds its way
A path of earth
That sobers me
Not just romance
Falling gently with dew
I find myself
Had grown
In maturity of tree
Like a wall built to stand
Defeating obscurities
I learned to make space
Without titles of scarifies
Meeting you half the way
As me and you tangle
Birthing a new meaning
In our entanglement
Just one obvious tree
Strong enough
Hardly can bend
In currents of wind

Copyright 2006 Nasra Al Adawi

I dedicate this poem to Rauf . Who has been kind enough to offer his photos to me to use with my poetry without even asking his permission. Rauf had somehow discovered that I get really inspired through photography. The photo of this tangled tree was so touching, I just had to gaze at it and allow it to speak to me. Please click (Here)to visit his blog. He has a very informative blog with powerful thoughts….

15 Comments:

Blogger rauf said...

Thank you Nasra, I am overwhelmed and honoured.

Friday, December 29, 2006  
Blogger Sphinx said...

that's really good. :) yeah i am fine. you have no idea how much your visits mean to me. thank you. have not been updating lately. how have you been? i wish you swell.

Saturday, December 30, 2006  
Blogger diana christine said...

thank you for sharing his beautiful work with us....

thank you for sharing your heart....

diana christine

Sunday, December 31, 2006  
Blogger Sphinx said...

happy new year!

Monday, January 01, 2007  
Blogger Alicia M B Ballard StudioGaleria said...

Lovely, fitting words...

Wednesday, January 03, 2007  
Blogger notengocuerpo said...

nice.good. great job, im invite you to see mi literari creation. but i writte in experimental spanglish :

Thursday, January 04, 2007  
Blogger notengocuerpo said...

hols de nuevo nueva chatarra literaria cocinando coca enrefrigerada

Wednesday, January 10, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dear Friend,
Thanks for visiting my blog. Read entanglement. Liked it a lot. Do keep in touch.
Sketches

Monday, January 29, 2007  
Blogger Amalendu said...

lovely write and a great image...

Sunday, February 04, 2007  
Blogger Paul said...

Hi Nasra!

Like the poem, wish I could see the photo - to stave off migraines I need to keep my monitor brightness low plus wear dark glasses, and I don't have the physical ability to adjust the brightness even to take a peek.

At least I can do words.

- Paul formerly of spiritualdiablog and possiblegospel

Thursday, February 08, 2007  
Blogger S.Alfiri said...

i really liked the words its viry nice and good words u used mashallah ..and hope vizit my bloog sarah http://7ammass.blogspot.com/

Saturday, February 24, 2007  
Blogger trinitystar said...

defeating the obscurities. Perhaps in our maturity and wisdom we will learn to make that space.
Lovely poem Nasra.

you left a comment about ... power point and video ... which I was not sure what you meant.
Have awonderful day. Hugs for you.

Sunday, February 25, 2007  
Blogger gP said...

it feels so natural, so intune with reality, it doesnt deviate or detach from the world. the words and the message conveys honesty. very beautiful.

P/s: thanx for the wishes at the GPP project Nasra.

Monday, February 26, 2007  
Blogger krystyna said...

Hi Nasra!
This photo is absolutely beautiful and associate with this amazing poem. So pretty!
Nice you dedicated that to your friend.
Have a fabulous Sunday!

Saturday, March 03, 2007  
Blogger n2 said...

Nasra,

Your poetry is so powerful as I take it in to my being. Very touching. Thank you for sharing these gifts.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home