Tuesday, March 01, 2005

...........Just To Touch You Lovingly.............. (A poem by Susan Ratliff)

Just To Touch You Lovingly (27 February 2005)
I stand alone on this cold night
With my eyes raised to the sky
Thinking of you up above
And wondering if you knew
You were loved down here
The tears I try to fight
Wondering still why
I gave you all my love
I did all I could do
What did you fear
Now the moon is in sight
I wonder why you had to die
What’s up there above
Wasn’t my love enough for you
This has been my greatest fear
I often wonder if I might
Have changed your choice to die
Have somehow given you more love
If there had been more I could do
To somehow keep you here
But now you’ve disappeared into the dark
Only the stars to guide my way to you
The moon bright and the clouds clear
As an Angel reaches down to touch me
The warmth is a feeling so true
Softly I whisper up to the sky
I may never know exactly why
You chose on that day to die
You didn’t say goodbye
Before you floated up so high
But I still love you today
In that same strong way
I’d give anything to see
You once again before me
Just to touch you lovingly
Written By Susan Ratliff

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home