Wednesday, April 27, 2005

I Surrender


I whispered to my soul to persuade my heart

Let it not fight love any longer as I have been searching for a long while

For so long waited for love-to take over me

Dissolving the tension of waiting,

Would cupid disapprove?

Here, I’m ready for love

I’m ready for passion

Lace my soul to this fulfillment

The flame of candles racing my desire

The moonlight, tuning this moment into fantasy

Walking into romance, I feel the burning of my heart

I’m surrounded with flowers,

Yet its more than that- it’s the melting into lovers touch-I require

My mind is tied in a candy wire

I would not resist, hypnotized- I feel I’m strapped in silk

Drowsy into its charms, I’m willing to take the risk

So wonderful, I’m tantalized

Beyond the hunger of food, I’m yearning for dinner of love

It begins with a kiss, I surrender all

A new morning, a new day, I’m still tucked under his embrace

Taken by the happiness, I have found love

copyright 2005 nasra al adawi

6 Comments:

Blogger Sowhat said...

Really Nice .. i liked it ..

Tuesday, May 10, 2005  
Blogger iamnasra said...

WOman in black
Asya
Sowhat

Thank you all for visiting my blog..I tend to foget about this blog..I should write more love poems

Saturday, May 21, 2005  
Blogger gulnaz said...

hi nasra, thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment, i hope you visit again.
i have just read one of your poems and i plan to read the rest now. mashallah you are talented.
it is so good to read the thoughts of a woman from the middle-east, a first for me.

Sunday, May 22, 2005  
Blogger S.L. Corsua said...

Hullo, Nasra. Here I am returning the visit, dear. I have read all your poems here, all endearingly sweet and tender. My fave is the one entitled Passing Magical Moment -- what a wonderful read! (Ahh, for one so in love, it is. It surely is.) ^_^

Sunday, May 22, 2005  
Blogger iamnasra said...

I never got so many comments..Im bit thrilled..Gulnaz..we have great number of poetess over here..its only matters of discovering them..I think these type of blogs allow many to write..

Soulless
Im glad you like the my poem
I just got inspired the day when I wrote it

Monday, May 23, 2005  
Blogger wanduma said...

Wow, I really like this one. The shape and the feelings are very strong.

Keep feeling. Keep writing! Thanks for coming by Need Compass.

Monday, July 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home